2-1-2 Full Court Press: Marc Gasol Reminds Us He’s Elite
- Marc Gasol, C – Memphis Grizzlies
- Gasol has had an up and down start to the season, but he’s starting to heat up and play once again at an elite level. Over his past four games, Gasol is averaging over 28p and 10r per game. His averages the previous six games? Only 14p and 7r. Gasol is overall, just being more active in looking for his shot all while remaining his trademark efficiency.
- Nikola Mirotic, PF – Chicago Bulls
- At only 19, Mirotic was drafted way back in 2011, as one of the prized International prospects. Four years later, he’s made the NBA leap, but Bulls Coach Tom Thibodeau has a touch rotation to crack. It finally seems he’s getting in the swing of things now averaging over 24 minutes per game over the last six, and the results are starting to come as well including a 24p/11r performance against Portland.
- Josh McRoberts, PF – Heat
- The Miami Heat’s ‘big’ offseason signing has been anything but. McRoberts is only playing about 13 minutes per game, usually when Chris Bosh rests. They haven’t been able to integrate both of them into the lineup at the same time yet. As a result, McRoberts is only averaging 2.5 ppg and has a PER at a ghastly 2.60. Kendrick Perkins is a 9.86.
2: One to Watch
- Anthony Davis’ PER
- If the Pelicans can somehow find a way to get into the Western Conference Playoffs, Anthony Davis will have the storyline to win MVP. Through the first month, Davis has a 34.5 PER. The only person to finish the season with a PER over 30 in the past five year is LeBron James. James has done it three of the past five years, but even his high is only 31.76. Davis is playing like an MVP right now.
- Thunder Getting Healthy
- Finally, Grant Jerrett returns to the roster tonight. Oh ya, Russell Westrbook does too. The Thunder haven’t exactly treaded water (4-12 record), but they haven’t looked helpless. I saw the game live vs Golden State this week, and you can see development in guys like Reggie Jackson, Steven Adams, and a healthy Anthony Morrow for floor spacing. Kevin Durant is only a week or two away and then lookout. There’s a hill to climb, but they should be fired up.