2-1-2 Full Court Press: Kyle Lowry is a Beast out East
- Kyle Lowry, PG – Toronto Raptors
- Who’s got the top record in East? That would be the Lowry led Raptors with a pristine 15-4 record. Lowry has been an absolute terror over the past week averaging over 31ppg including a career high 39 on Wednesday in Utah. Re-signing Lowry was priority number one for the Raptors this past off season, and it has more than paid off thus far.
- Danny Green, SG – San Antonio Spurs
- The Spurs themselves have been slumping as of late, especially shooting-wise. Not Green though. Green is quietly continuing his elite 3pt shooting, holding at almost 47%, but is also contributing in other areas as well. Green has six steals over the past week and notched a double-double on Wednesday grabbing 10 boards to go along with his 20 points.
- Austin Rivers, SG – New Orleans Pelicans
- Here we go again. Remember that historically awful rookie campaign for Rivers? Rivers rebounded somewhat in his second season, but has regressed again early this season. Rivers is shooting only 39% from the field and 32% from beyond the arc this season. Maybe the biggest issue for Rivers, is that he doesn’t contribute anywhere beyond scoring. If he’s not scoring, he’s not much help.
2: Ones to Watch
- How About Win Number Two?
- The Philadelphia Sixers got off the goose egg last week for their first win. There aren’t a lot of winnable games on the schedule for them, and they will be underdogs in every game they play from here on out. They do have a date Saturday at The Palace against fellow Eastern Conference bottom feeder Detroit Pistons. These are the winnable games they need to take advantage of.
- Rajon Rondo, PG – Boston Celtics
- Rajon Rondo has always been a wizard with the ball. In fact, Rondo has led the league in assists in the last two full seasons he was healthy. He is once again atop the Floor General measurement averaging almost 11apg. What happened to the scoring though? Rondo is a career 11ppg player, but is down to only 8ppg this season, and has only hit the 20 points mark once this season.